Closer to Fine

"The hardest to learn was the least complicated."

Monday, November 08, 2004

Uhh...is this thing on?

Alright folks, here we go...jumping into the blog scene. I'm not going to lie to you, the original purpose of this blog is to avoid writing a paper that is already overdue. (That's right, I'm a master procrastinator. If you're in need of lessons, let me know, I can provide them on a case-by-case basis for a small fee. Of course, if you're reading this, odds are you're already pretty good at it, because REALLY, who absolutely has to read this thing? Nobody. So there's probably something else you should be doing right now. And may I say, good for you for not doing it! Anyway...) In the end, my idea for this blog is a lot like my goals for my own life: I'll be constantly searching for a purpose and new meaning in it, and looking to share and connect with others. Plus, it'll probably be a great way to just unload sometimes. =)

In the meantime, I should get back to the aforementioned paper. BOO! However, I'll leave you with some basic info about the title: the Indigo Girls are my all-time favorite music group. They have such an amazing harmony and sound, and after attending five of their concerts, I can honestly say that they always sound better live than they do on their albums. Not many artists can say that. On top of a great sound, their lyrics are intelligent. Their love songs aren't drivel, they really seek to find the true intricacies of love. But that's not all they write about either: they write about political action and reincarnation and finding purpose in life. And I just think that's pretty damn cool. Intelligent lyrics melded with an amazing sound...to me there's nothing that can top that. So...the title for the blog is the title of one of their more famous songs, and it sort of rings true in my overall life: I'm always trying to get a little closer to fine. The subtext is a line from another of their songs ("Least Complicated") and I just find it so very true - usually the hardest lesson to learn is really the simplest one. So that's my meaning behind the blog title; and really my life: I'm out there learning the lessons the best I can, and trying each day to be a better person. Some days are steps forward, some are steps backward, but in the end, I think I'm doing alright.

I suppose it would be a step forward to work on my paper, eh? =) OK, back to it.

music: "Collide" acoustic version, by Howie Day

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Top site for bridesmaids dresses, plus size bridesmaid dress, bridesmaid cheap dress,bridesmaid discount dress,bridesmaid dress junior,bridesmaid dress plus size

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home