Closer to Fine

"The hardest to learn was the least complicated."

Monday, November 08, 2004

Favor Request

I know, I know. I *just* started this thing and now I'm going to ask you for a favor? I suppose it's the only child in me coming out...but since you're here....

I'm curious to see who finds this and reads it. Eventually I'm sure I'll send it out to all my friends, and I've already sent it to my parents (so we'll see how edited this gets...hee hee!), but I'm not going to force anyone to read it so if you would, please use the comments feature and let me know who you are, or if not who, then where you are, and any thoughts you might want to share.

So it's really only been 9 hours or so since my first post, I don't really have much to update except that my paper is not yet done. Fear not, readers, for I have a Plan. I *will* get this paper done tonight, even if it means staying up super-late. Somehow this project just completely surprised me: it's turned into more than I thought it would be, and while I feel like I'm doing a good job, I'd really like to be done, and moreover I had expected to be done by now. It does not bode well for the rest of my days as a student that apathy has taken hold so strongly this early in the year...if anyone has a sure-fire cure for apathy I think I'd be willing to pay for it at this point.

Now, don't get me wrong: I love my work. The beauty of grad school is that you get to focus your studies on only that which you want to do, and if you're going to school for a degree in something you really love, then it's not so much of a chore. I like my classes, I find them engaging and fascinating and I'm learning a lot. However, I'm lazy. I'd rather just research a topic and know the information than research it and then write a paper to prove that I know something about the topic. Of course, knowing me as a lazy individual, I suppose I might need the paper assignment to get me to do the research in the first place. =)

In any case, this isn't really a gripping topic, and I'd like to keep this fresh and engaging, so my final comment for the moment will be

The End.

music (in my head, as I'm in a computer lab at school, but i have this song stuck in my head so it really is the soundtrack to the blog): "Kid Fears" by the Indigo Girls

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mother just read your blog. She does not understand the desire to put your closest and most intimiate thoughts up for the world to find/see (even as procrastination), but if that is a part of what makes your world go around, then so be it. Get back to work!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to GownsForLess.com where you will find sources for prom gowns, prom dresses, bridal gowns, bridal dresses, bridesmaid dresses and flower girl dresses offered at unbelievably low prices. In fact, if you find any gowns for less let us know and we will include him in our list. That's our promise to you! Thousands of brides have been to our directory. And we now offers sources for top quality branded merchandise via the World Wide Web at our famous Low, Low prices!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home