Closer to Fine

"The hardest to learn was the least complicated."

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Free at last, Free at last!

That's right, folks. I'm done with my paper. FINALLY. I have sent it as an attachment to my professor, and there's no turning back now. YAY!

Now there's the simple task of catching up on more than a month's worth of readings and starting my final projects for the semester. Where does the time go?

Speaking of, I once lived with a woman in Florida who told me that time moves exponentially faster the older you get. I am inclined, from my brief experience, to agree. I think people my age (27, that's right, I'm not afraid to admit it, or bring all those who claim me as a fellow classmate down with me) tend to get caught up in how old they are - how many years they've lived. It's a phenomenon that seems to start just after college graduation, say around 23, and builds until...well...I haven't seen it stop yet. I've seen two approaches to getting older that I much prefer. The first comes from a friend's sister. This friend was devastated on her 24th birthday about how old she was getting, and her sister looked at her and said, "That's right, get upset! You only have 51 more years until you're 75!" Kinda puts things in perspective, no? Also, I once told someone in my family when they turned 50, "Congratulations! You're 50 years YOUNG today! And that's A LOT of young! So much more young than my 22 years of young!" In the end, it's not the amount of time we have, but what we do with it that matters. Cliche, but true.

As a final note, I will thank my mom for using the comments feature. As a show of my appreciation, I will pick a different color in which to publish this post, as the blue apparently hurts her eyes. I mean, if I'm only going to have one reader, I should really step up the customer service here, no? =)

Keep it real, folks.

music: "32 Flavors" by Alana Davis

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear that the paper is done. You are right about time moving faster. I am hoping to move faster soon, too, as I begin to train for the 10-miler ...
I like the new print color - it really is easier for me to see (and you know how I love blue ...) Thank you!
Good luck with the rest of your work!!

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So - you do the paper and the blog stops??? Perhaps because you no longer need to procastinate on the paper??? I was told that one can write 1700 words in about 30 minutes and that if you do that for 30 days, you have a novel. I think that perhaps you need a plan for a plot before you begin ...

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are Looking for Prom Gowns, Prom Dresses, Bridal Gowns, Bridal Dresses, Bridesmaid Dresses and Flower Girl Dresses, you're at the right place.We provide links to online dresses stores where you will find what you need for the prom, wedding or any party at all!

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home