Closer to Fine

"The hardest to learn was the least complicated."

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Life imitating Easy Listening Music?

It's been an emotional few days, folks.

Quote of the moment, aptly describing my feelings all day today, and probably all day for the next...well, who knows?...comes from none other than the easy-listening fav, Don Henley. That's right, I said Don Henley. Song title: "The Heart of the Matter."

What are these voices outside love’s open door
Make us throw off our contentment
And beg for something more?
I’m learning to live without you now
But I miss you sometimes
The more I know, the less I understand
All the things I thought I knew, I’m learning again
I’ve been tryin’ to get down
To the heart of the matter
But my will gets weak
And my thoughts seem to scatter

You know once you are told you can't do something, it's the first thing you want to do? Just like when you're told not to think about something, it's all you can think about? That's where I'm at. And I'm weak, folks. I've made an agreement I'm trying really hard to keep, but it's really difficult. I'm actually kind of cheating right now, in this blog right here, but you know what? I don't care. I think it would eat me up inside if I didn't cheat a little. This agreement is a tough one.

Anyway...on to bigger, better, and less cryptic things. I FINISHED MY INTERNSHIP TODAY!!!!!!! Yee-ha!!! No more driving 45 minutes to an hour and a half (depending on weather and traffic) to find out yet again that what I had planned to do that day is cancelled! Now, don't get me wrong...I loved this internship and I learned SO much there...but the drive is a bit much to find out your schedule has changed yet again. I'm going to enjoy my full-time status here in Boston again.

Also....I've been thinking. I *love* Sex and the City. It's like an addiction. I could watch episodes over and over again. I own Seasons 1 through 5 on DVD. Is this because I'm single? Do married women like this show? I can really, really relate to this show...I find a little piece of me in each of the main characters, which is why I like it so much...but would I be able to relate if I weren't single? If "Sex and the City" was not an option for me? Or would it be something to remind me of my single days, a reminiscing show of sorts? Since I have no experience but my own, I have no answers to this question. Just a random musing I thought I'd share.

And, on that note...I think I'm done for the night. I'm slightly distracted as I write tonight: somewhat by my emotional ride the past few days, and somewhat by Sex and the City on TBS. But I'm sendin' out the love, folks. Open your hearts up and catch it while you can....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home