Closer to Fine

"The hardest to learn was the least complicated."

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Look what the cat DRAGged in....

Hey, wait, it's me!

I know, I've been away...my vacation in Florida had iffy internet so there wasn't time to blog. Besides, I was too busy enjoying the weather and my lovely friends. Shout out to my Florida peeps, especially Bonnie who provided me a place to stay and a very cute New Year's Eve date (a big, puppy-eyed, boy named Ricky. Oh yeah, and he's a chihuahua. But he did lick my entire face at midnight!).

The entire trip is a blur, and since I've been driving all day today, the teflon brain is in full effect. I will relay to you one story that sticks out, and my impressions from it:

I went to a drag show with Emily.

This was my first drag show. Overall impressions? I would have thought it would be better. Emily tells me it was not a very good drag show...and if you throw out the judgement of the outfits and preformances, what I was most disappointed in was the crowd. The entire thing would have been monumentally more fun if the crowd would have been more into it, clapping more (or at all, in some cases), and maybe some hooting and hollering. I definitely expected hooting and hollering, and did not really recieve any. BOOOOOOOO.

Now, as far as the performances went, some were good, and some were bad. The first, uh..."lady," shall we say?....the first lady did a FIERCE Tina Turner combo. She really got into the dancing, and did some great Tina Turner moves. And most of the lip synching was on target. She really put her all into it. There were some ladies that were really spot-on with the lip synch, and then there were a few that clearly did not know the words at all. And one didn't know the words, nor did she dance very well! She sort of teetered around the floor, and well, that was it. You really ought to get the words right, or at least put on a good dance show. One or the other, but doing neither...well I can do that. C'mon.

Also, some people in the audience gave the ladies singles, like it was a strip club. The performers would walk over, take the money or let the audience members put the money in their "cleavage" and then give a kiss on the cheek. It wasn't a lot of money, maybe $10 a performance, but still...not something I expected.

My final impression was this: these ladies looked good. No lie. They were toned, their legs were long and slender, and a lot of them had nice abs/midriffs. Now, I'm not one to diet. My personal philosophy is: there's a reason why the word diet contains the word DIE. I do try to watch the content and portion of my meals most of the time, and I will be especially vigilant when I need to fit into particular outfits (for weddings, per se), but I'm a firm believer in just eating regular food and not torturing yourself. I also have a natural aversion to exercise...you really have to trick me into it by making it a game or somehow fun. I had a good stint for a few months last year, but for the most part in recent history large mishaps occur when I try to exercise, and I'd like to avoid as many large mishaps as possible. And earlier this year, I saw the movie "Super Size Me" and that motivated me to exercise a little and eat better. But not much, and that was a pretty powerful movie. But these ladies may be the key to me finally getting into good shape. Because, well...it's entirely vain, but I'm going to feel silly if men look better as women then I do. =) Just kidding, y'all...but my hat is off to these ladies, because they must work hard. And when we returned to Emily's house after the show, I really thought about how hard they work to look that good, and it made the chocolate cake I was eating taste that much better.

On a final note, much love is going out tonight to my girls Brianna, SarahT, and Anafrs. I'm holding you all close to my heart and sending you big, BIG hugs, my dears.

Keep it real, folks. I'll post in a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home