Closer to Fine

"The hardest to learn was the least complicated."

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Win some, lose some....

OK. So I didn't win pope. On the plus side, I got a free apple-y-ever-after ice cream cone from Ben and Jerry's free cone day yesterday...and in my mind the two kind of equal out. Besides, they're talking about this guy as a "transitional" pope...I mean, let's be real: the man's 78. Not a lot of mileage left on that pope, let me tell YOU. Maybe they're just waiting for me to finish grad school. Fear not, O Catholics! I graduate May 13!

In the meantime, the new issue should be my pope name. Apparently you have to change your name. I've been perusing a list of papal names already used, and I've got some ideas. First of all, besides John Paul I in 1978 (who, might I add, lasted less than a year), we haven't had a "Pope I" since the 121st pope - Pope Lando from 913-14. I gotta say, we haven't had a Lando since, and it's a damn fine name. Reminds me of Lando Calrisian in Star Wars. How can you go wrong with a pope who pays homage to Star Wars? So maybe I'll choose something new, especially since I'll be the first girl, I should probably have a completely new name.

Second, it seems some of the popes get the word "Blessed" before their name (e.g. Blessed Urban V, 1362-70). I'm wondering if this is a chosen thing, or if it's added posthumously. Because if you get to choose, then I'd like some sort of modifier before my pope name. Like, Funny. Because I'm funny. And since I'm a co-founder of the We Know We're Funny Club, perhaps I should acknowledge this talent in my papal name.

So there you have it...Pope Funny Krashworth I. Note that I used the "I" to indicate that I expect future popes to love my name so much and respect my papacy so much that they pay homage to my legacy and use my name, creating a need for the I versus all the others. Well, it's working title at least. I may change my mind. But it's a start!

Life is easing up, so hopefully the blogs will be more frequent. I may go through a period of laziness, where I take some long-overdue time to just relax, but I'll try to be mindful about this. In the meantime, hope all is well with you out there in Kristy-for-Pope land! Keep up the support!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Mom - Dad thinks you should be Mary I. I told him that was boring. I like Funny Krashworth I. Dad thinks the Pope has to be named after a saint or an apostle. I know not how Popes get named. We had a struggle finding your present name so I think we will leave your Pope name to you. I wonder if the College of Cardinals gets to advise ... Would you want to be Pope Claire I (ala high school french class??) I also have always liked the names Emily and Katherine. Mindy says, "Congrats on the job, Mom! Find us a cool place to live! Love, Mindy"

8:23 PM  
Blogger Ellobie said...

What about Pope Funny Wachebe I? It even kinda rhymes.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a We Know We're Funny Club? Where can I join?
Although "Pope Funny Krashworth I" is a great choice I gotta say "Pope Andcircumstance I" made me laugh a lot longer

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home